Iam having phimosis(tight foreskin)... Is there any alternate treatment than circumssion... Preferrably a device or something..
253 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Suresh Radhakrishnan
Urologist 18 yrs exp Chennai
The only definitive treatment is circumcision. If you wish to retain your foreskin then you can try what is called preputioplasty or widening of the foreskin but the success rate is less than 30%. If the foreskin is not very tight then you might want to try a short course of steroid cream which can soften the skin a bit but the success rate in adults are again very poor.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.