Pain jn my heels

Hi, I am having pain in my heels, whenever I stand on my foot, I feel pain in my both heels. Can you tell me is this coz of overweight or else and how is it curable??

Doctor Answers (4) on Pain jn my heels

Dr. Kiran S Murthy Bangalore | Clinical Physiotherapist
hi it might be due to over weight and lack of nutrition,try to use soft inner sole shoe or sandals,keep the leg in hot water for 10mts before going to bed .If possible drop into clinic.
Please reduce your weight If you have pain even when you are less than 70 kilos, you have to evaluate But Mostly Pain will go when you reduce your weight Generally, Walking for Minimum 45 minutes a day + Strict Diet Control can reduce your weight If you can share your (a) Fasting Glucose (b) Post Prandial Glucose (c) HbA1c (d) Blood Urea (e) Serum Creatinine (f) Lipid Profile reports I can tailor make the prescription (exercise Schedule + Drugs + Diet Chart) for you Also Mention your (a) Age (b) Weight (c) Height (d) Whether you take Non Vegetarian Food.
Dr. Dimple Kapasi Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi, it's difficult to diagnose but try stretching your calf every few hours especially before you sleep and immediately after you wake up.
Have yiur feet flat if sitting in couch or a chair rather than resting in ties as this makes calf tighter.
Also, if you are overweight shedding few pounds would definitely take load of the heels
Tiji Mathew Thomas Ernakulam | Physiotherapist
Heel pain is usually diagnosed as Plantar Fasciitiis during the acute phase. It is the inflammation of the fascia under the heel and where the muscles of the feet which works to grip, takes their origin. It can be triggered due a wide variety of reasons from overweight, flat-foot, excessive strain in long periods of standing or even brisk walking, use of faulty footwear etc. A simple way is to stretch the foot muscles by rolling a ball under the foot in sitting position. Overnight dressing with glycerine magnesium sulphate paste for a couple of weeks also helps. Contrast bath -alternate immersing of foot in warm and cold water, ending in warm bath; is also useful. Silica gel insoles inside footwear will help in reducing the tenderness. If symptoms, persists, consult with a physiotherapist who will perform highly effective localised anti-inflammatory physiotherapy treatments like Iontophoresis, manual stretching and taping.