Pain in Neck & Shoulder
Hello, I have a bad pain in my neck and shoulder region since last night. It could have been due to lifting some big pots. Should I take a Hifenac MR for the Pain? Thanks

This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However I would like to examine & investigate you  in detail. -Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or  metabolic disorder, if there is any. -Any way it may be tried, --. Dolokind Plus (Mankind) [Aceclofenac100 mg +Paracetamol 350 mg] 1 tab. OD & SOS. X 5 days. --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1 tab OD x 10 days. -(You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Use no pillow under the head. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. -- .Do mild exercises for the affected part-ie. Neck and shoulders. --.(Take help of physiotherapist or you can visit my YouTube channel Dr. N. C. Gupta and watch 'Me & My Yoga' and 'Yoga Simplified'. --Do not ignore, let it not become beginning of a major problem. --Do ask for a detailed treatment plan. Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment visit nearest hospital. --Wish you a quick recovery & good health. --I hope, I have solved your problem to your satisfaction.  Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho)
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://prac.to/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1-dir https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true
Hello dear Thanks for reaching out Your acute pain is due to a strained trapezius muscle. It will surely resolve with hifenac mr in a few days. However you need to figure out why it occured in the very first place so as to avoid repeat problems in future. You seem to have weak periscapular muscles (muscles around the shoulder) and vitamin deficiencies. A proper diagnosis and targeted treatment is the key to complete solution. Thanks Dr Vipin Gupta
Consult online or can connect in person if based in delhi.
Hi, yes u can take Hifenac MR 1 tab bd Also use hot fomentation . Avoid heavy weight lifting this time.
After pain resolved do neck and shoulder exercises to improve muscle strength.
avoid heavy weight lifting till pain resolves.
Yes.  You may take Tab. Hifenac MR twice daily for now. The pain might have occurred due to acute spasm in lower neck muscles with radiating pain towards the shoulder.
Also, start with hot fomentation,  apply analgesic ointment locally for pain relief..
Avoid heavy work, avoid jerky movements of neck