Pain in neck and hand

I have a severe pain in my hand and neck and also numbness in my hand. I can't lift my hand up. The two fingures are paining i.e. the last and second last fingure..

Doctor Answers (4) on Pain in neck and hand

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Hot fomentation x twice daily. Neck Exercises. Neck Stretching. Postural Correction. Shoulder Shrugs . Core Strengthening Exercises. Take frequent Breaks at work Use cervical pillow. Use Back Support. Self Massage the back of neck.
Severe pain in the hand n numbness is indicative of nerve compression at the neck ..Ur condition needs to b assessed properly n treated accordingly ..kindly do nt neglect the pain and take immediate help of an orthopaedic or physiotherapist
Dr. Chaitanya Ulhas Mantri Mumbai | Occupational Therapist
Get proper assessment done, numbness might be caused by compression at the cervical level of vertebrae...find out whether this started after you lifted any heavy object ....get xray done.... Anything require feel free to contact me. Thank you
Dr. Suhel A Khan Pune | Orthopedist
Neck pain and radiation of pain to hand and numbness is indicative of nerve compression in the neck. it can be due to 2 things 1. Cervical disc prolapse 2. Cervical rib Initial investigation will be Xray Cervical spine In case of both, you will require to undergo a few physiotherapy sessions, and continue with the exercises learnt Medicines will be required for temporary relief of pain Kindly get in touch with an Orthopaedic surgeon