Pain at left waist

Hi, I have pain at left waist. Generally it is not there, but it starts when I sit or stand for a longer period. Pain also vanishes in 5 -10 minutes. What do I need to do or whom to consult?

Doctor Answers (7) on Pain at left waist

Dr. Subodh Kumar Mahato
4 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist

INR 400 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
It's majorly sign of unilateral weight bearing.
Stand putting  weight equally on both leg. Hams stretch  ( if it is tight) Gluts strengthening
Change your body posture in mean time to avoid continuous stress on muscles or joint.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
20 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Back Stretching- lie flat, pull one of the knee forward to chest, hold for 3 seconds, then bring the other knee forward to the chest and again hold for 3 seconds. Then pull both knees towards the chest and hold for 3 seconds. Repeat 10 times each exercise twice a day.
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You can take a tab. Zerodol-p twice a day after food for 2 days and do wrist and arm strengthening exercises. This much will be enough. If it still persists, consult a orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.  He will be able to help you better.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Sumant Kulshreshtha,M.P.T-Sports & Orthopaedics
12 yrs. of exp | Bhopal | Physiotherapist
Hi it's purely a neuro muscular problem & you must address it to a physiotherapist, since they are experts in the field of Posture & pain management  & a visit can help you greatly in all means . Learn correct measures of posture & stay active to be pain free.. All the Best
Dr. Anuradha Sharma
9 yrs. of exp | Noida | Clinical Physiotherapist
Posture correction must. Do stretching exercises. Do hot fermentation. Supine lying and stretching exercises of legs .otherwise physiotherapy treatment
Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT)
6 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
It looks like this is due to postural problems and muscle imbalance. Muscle which are likely to be responsible for this pain are tight hamstrings, gluteus, and quadratus lumborum, spine stiffness can also be their. So just stretch these muscle and see the difference. For further query see a physio.
Dr. Rohit Rathore
8 yrs. of exp | Ghaziabad | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Hi Just extensior spinal exs and hot fermantation 10 min.helpful for you. TC.avoid forward bending.