Pain and swelling

I've pain and swelling on my left ankle from a year. Even I've also problem in walking and daily work of the house. I m unmarried and age is 28.

Dr. Raviraj Francis
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

If you have pain along with swelling for more than a year ...you should definately get all your blood(sr uric acid,calcium,CBC) & thyroid tests done....the problem could be systemic (harmonal or organ dysfunction)or it could be a plain musculoskeletal problem. I would like to know what is your height & weight? Also had u sufferd any trauma to the leg before? Do get back to me with the answers. Regards & Take care.
Dr. Vineesh Niranjan
Orthopedic Surgeon 10 yrs exp Patna
So you have swelling only in one joint for over an year. It needs to be investigated. Please specify 1. if swelling is localised to only ankle or involves the entire foot. 2. Is any associated pain and fever. 3. Any history of trauma . Please consult orthopaedic surgeon to for differential diagnosis. Reactive synovitis Infective pathology Inflammatory pathology
Dr. Rahul chepuri
Pediatric Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi there !please try applying hot pack or cold packs around the ankle joint along with self manipulation techniques and ankle and toe  exercises ..hope it will helpful fo you! Thx
Dr. Aditi Kulkarni (PT)
Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Pune
Hello .....you can check your uric acid levels also visit physio for assessment of swelling, pain and range of movement of ankle joint. If required then as per guidance visit ortho it can be nerve involvement or uric acid problem or old ligament twist injury. Regards Dr Aditi Kulkarni