Obsessive compulsive diso

I m suffering from ocd from past 8years. It is spoiling my life. I always feel anxiety and mental restless Ness due to which not able to concentrate on any work. It is also making me emotional week. I some times cry a lot. help

Doctor Answers (5) on Obsessive compulsive diso

Dr. Trupti Vedpathak Pune | Addiction Psychiatrist
OCD ( Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) leads to repeated unwanted & distressing thoughts ( obsessions) & you need to do compensatory actions to neutralise those thoughts, else you suffer severe anxiety. You need not suffer as good treatment in form of medication & psychotherapy ( counselling) is available. If untreated it severely affects the quality of life & may lead to depression. Please visit a psychiatrist who will suggest appropriate treatment after evaluation.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
It is the Anxiety which has to be handled to tackle the OCD.
Do consult a Psychologist at the earliest  and learn the tips and some simple routines to be followed and developed which would definitely  enable you to resolve your issue.
Dr. Indrani Dutta Kolkata | Psychologist
I can understand your pain. The positive part of the problem is that you have insight. You may have an underlying fear or anxiety which needs to be treated first. This problem is treatable. Come forward and seek consultation from a clinical psychologist, you will be able to overcome your distress.
Best wishes.
Dr. Santanu Nath Kolkata | Biological Psychiatrist
The repeated thoughts that occur in one's mind, which is irresistible, perceived as certainly excessive and causes insurmountable distress along with acts performed to reduce those thoughts construct what is called as OCD. Management needs both medications and psychotherapy like CBT, ERP for pretty l9ng time. Its better you remain fixed to your psychiatrist and clinical psychologist for your wellbeing.
Ms. Archana Sharma Delhi | Clinical Psychologist
OCD is a condition that can cause serious impairment in one's life, affecting both personal and occupational functioning. I can understand you must be undergoing a lot of distress due to these symptoms. At times certain depressive features might also co-occur with OCD. Management is a combination of both pharmacotherapy by a Psychiatrist and psychotherapy by a Clinical Psychologist. It is recommended that you should undergo CBT ( Cognitive Behavior Therapy) with a Psychologist. With regular sessions and medical support, it is very much possible to overcome the current situation.