OBSESSIVE COMPUL DISORDER
I am suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder from last two years and now i am at extreme ocd. Please help me out

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

OCD is definitely a manageable problem along with some medication and Counselling.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

Have you been given this diagnosis by a psychiatrist? Please remember that many of psychiatric symptoms overlap in their description and nature. I suggest you consult for a comprehensive assessment and to determine appropriate treatment. If it is OCD or other anxiety disorder, in mild to moderate form, you may not need medicine. Through some techniques and skills (CBT) and lifestyle modifications, you will feel better. Only severe symptoms will need medicine. Regards
Dr. Akhil Chopra
Neuropsychiatrist 6 yrs exp Jalandhar
The information u have provided is very inadequate and lacks any details. However OCD is a very distressing illness. You need to consult a psychiatrist for initiating the treatment. The best options are medicines like clomipramine, ssri like fluvoxamine along with psychotherapy like exposure and response prevention, cbt, thought stopping, relaxation exercises.

Ocd neurological disorder Obsessive compulsive personality disorder