Neck and shoulder on left
Neck n shoulder on left side is paining for past 5 days n I feel it's sprain ... Tried massage n also applied volini but still no relief from the pain? What should I do?

Dr. Anjana Gupta (PT)
Physiotherapist 25 yrs exp Delhi

Hello The pain in neck may be due to muscle spasm. This pain is very severe and irritating.The radiating pain in neck add to the severity of the problem. Please don't massage it will aggravate your pain.. You can apply ice packs. You have to take proper Physiotherapy sessions.
Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. It may be a sprain. Take rest. If it's more than 5 days and the level of pain has not subdued, it would be better to visit the nearest ortho surgeon. He will examine you and order xrays or scans of necessary. He will also prescribe medicines to bring the pain down. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Get well soon!