My cheeks hurts

My cheeks hurt mostly with the headache.It is very often. It is that type of pain which usually happens when we laugh too much .i think i have some kind of allergy or problem with dust.

Doctor Answers (1) on My cheeks hurts

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Based on the history you have given, its a normal reaction when a person laugh too much, its due to fatigue of cheek muscles. If you really allergic to something you will have constitutional symptoms like sneezing, running nose, stuffy nose etc in case of allergens inhaled or GI related if its a food allergen. If its a unresolved sinus infection then also a person can have pain, for that-Moisten your sinus cavities. Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapor from a bowl of hot water. Keep the vapor directed toward your face. Or take a hot shower, breathing in the warm, moist air. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain. Rinse out your nasal passages. Use a specially designed squeeze bottle (Sinus Rinse, others) or neti pot to rinse your nasal passages. This home remedy, called nasal lavage, can help clear your sinuses. If you make your own rinse, use water that's contaminant-free — distilled, sterile, previously boiled and cooled, or filtered using a filter with an absolute pore size of 1 micron or smaller — to make up the irrigation solution. Also be sure to rinse the irrigation device after each use with contaminant-free water and leave open to air-dry. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain,reducing congestion. If you are still concerned kindly consult a physician for further management.