Mouth ulcers

Sir my self having ulcers in cheek which keep coming and going i am habituated of chewing toabacco but nowadays i have given this habit i have shown many doctors who gave me antioxidant and told that its fibrosis in mouth tell me how can i get rid of i am feard of cancer and all

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

It's a good thing that you have given up the habit but the changes that tobacco would have caused in the oral cavity can be reversible or Irreversible, and need to be followed up adequately by a specialist.... my opinion would be to consult an oral pathologist so that a proper clinical examination can be done followed by a biopsy if required....
Dr. Bikramjeet Singh
Dental Surgeon 4 yrs exp Gurdaspur
See there are n no. Of reasons of oral cancers could be chronic chewing habits, smoking, chronic carious n damaged teeth etc. So, u need to visit some good oral medicine n radiology specialist to get to know about your problem n sort proper advice, medication and treatment done, so act immediately n do the needful to avoid further worsening of your condition.... Act immediately, stay blessed...
Dr. Mayank Bagree
Dentist 15 yrs exp Bikaner
Oral ulcers are due to many reasons. It can be due to constipation, stress(apthous ulcer ), vitamin deficiency etc.. You should consult Oral medicine specialist in your city and explore the common causative factors first, before thinking about pre cancerous lesions. It is good that you have stopped chewing tobacco. This will definitely help you in SMF (sub mucous fibrosis)
Dr. Mukesh K Asrani
Dental Surgeon 12 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hi, the problem you are suffering from is called Oral Submucous fibrosis. For the mouth ulcers, you need to apply Kenacort Oral gel 0.1% over the ulcers as well as the entire inner side of cheek 7 to 8 times a day. The treatment depends on the present stage of fibrosis and mouth opening. As this condition is a precancer, you should get regular check up done by an Oral Medicine specialist. Regards.