Missed abortion effects

I am 25 complete. I had missed abortion on 7-8th week of pregnancy, few months ago. It was my first pregnancy. I want to know whether there are any side effects or whether it will affect on my future pregnancy or not ?

Doctor Answers (6) on Missed abortion effects

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, There will be no impact of previous abortion on your future pregnancy. For now, continue trying to conceive. Once you conceive, do regular follow ups with your gynecologist for a successful pregnancy. If you are not able to conceive after 1 year of trying, you should visit an infertility specialist. In that case, you can also visit our clinic International Fertility Centre, a leading IVF clinic, located in New Delhi so that we can guide you better. We have a presence of 14 IVF centers located across India and Nepal. Our centre offers varied fertility treatments and services performed by skilled IVF experts and senior embryologists to help you have a joyful parenthood experience. You can also mail your contact details so that we can get in touch with you.
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe Pune | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hi. It doesn't affect ur future pregnancy per se but it may affect your fertility potential especially if previous pregnancy is terminated by surgical methods. So if u r planning for pregnancy don't delay. Supplement folic acid prior. Ok. TC.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
IDEALLY STASTICS SHOW THAT IN NORMAL PREGNANCY THE CHANCES OF ABORTION IS AROUND 50%. SO ITS NORMAL TO HAVE ONE ABORTION. DONT PANIC. NO IT WONT HAVE SIDEEFFECTS ON THE NEXT PREGNANCY
Dr Nikita Gandotra Delhi | Gynecologist
Agree with dr Mamta
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
No side effects of missed abortion. Don't worry,  in 100 pregnancy 20 persons have missed abortion. Most common is mismatch of chromosomes. It mostly doesn't repeat. If repeats for 3 times then only you need some specific  investigation.
Dear Practo user, No side effects remain of the previous pregnancy and it doesn't affect the future pregnancy per se. However, it is difficult to predict the fate of future pregnancy. It is advisable to consult Gynaecologist as soon as next conception occurs.