Maladaptive Daydreaming

I have been daydreaming addictively since couple years to escape reality. I have kind of lost touch with friends and family. It is hampering my academics, personal and social life. Kindly help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Maladaptive Daydreaming

Dr. D. S. Poonia Jaipur | Psychiatrist
Hello dear, it might be due to some psychiatric issues like schizotypal personality or something else. As you have significant dysfunction in your day to day life please visit a psychiatrist to get proper help. I m sure that from your side you have tried a lot but all gone in vain. It's not under your will to control these problems. Don't waste your time and get professional help.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello ,you might have had bad experiences with the real life or you are so fascinated about dreams .some people will have this habbit unknowly it grows bigger at one stage they themself find it difficult to quit. You need strong mental power to get rid of this ,consult psychiatrist for counselling.