Leg pain on left leg

I had a bad shoe which i used for running for may be 20 days. Since then i have this pain on my leg especially left leg. The area of pain is in mid section between my knee and ankle. The pain is mainly located under the bone and above the muscle. Please let me know if i need to consult a physician or physiotherapist.

Dr. Prashant Singh (PT)
Physiotherapist 3 yrs exp Noida

Hello... the kind of pain you are describing is most probably is shin splints pain. To avoid shin splint pain buy a good running shoes. Before and after running do stretching exercises specially for hamstring muscle( back muscle of your thigh) and calf muscle on both sides. For better understanding of these exercises visit to your nearby physiotherapy centre. After running apply ice or cold pack around calf muscles 3-5 min each side. Avoid running on a hard surface like on the road or concrete surfaces.
Dr. D Giridhar Balaji (PT)
Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

This could be shin pains do try doing some hot fomentation or little of icing not more than 2 mins preferably heat will give you better comfort.. if pain persists get it assesed..
Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

You need to consult an orthopaedician
Dr. Jayakrishnan Pillai
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

Shin pain after running is very common. Try changing your shoes, avoid very hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt and reduce distance of running. If problem persists, meet an orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Pallavi Singh
Physiotherapist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
You typically have a shin splints pain. Consult us to let you know proper biomechanical of the foot and running postures to help you further for improving your functionality. A good shoe improves form alone. The pain is due to improper foot alignments while running.