Laser vision correction
I have -6 spherical and -1 cylindrical number in both eyes. I had a mild case of dry eye problems couple of months back but it is fine now. I am confused as to which type of laser surgery should i go for ? Lasik, surface ablations or relex smile ?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

hello smile is little costly. the success rate is equal with both types
Dr. Mukesh Paryani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Pune

LASIK and smile are different technologies for achieving similar outcomes.. smile is newer technology offering same outcomes as LASIK and thereby expensive.. technically only difference between LASIK and smile is that there is no flap in smile surgery.. outcomes of both remain the same .. surface procedure is used only if ur corneal thickness doesn't allow us for LASIK or smile.. visit LASIK surgeon for indetail understanding
Dr. Neera Agrawal
Ophthalmologist 26 yrs exp Delhi
Surface ablation and Lasik and smile have different indications . You should get your eye examined to decide what would suit your eyes better.