L5-S1 nerve compression

I would request an help from you that i gone for MRI scanning and it showed up L5-S1 left is moderately compressing. When i contacted Nero Surgeon in my location, he told i may have to go for Microdiscectomy surgery. I'm not able to walk for more 15 mins, nerves in my right thigh are irritating me and also not able to bend. Apart from all these, I'm getting testicular pain but report is normal when gone Scrotum and abdominal scanning. Is there any possibility of recovering from this, first i have to get rid of testicular pain as its very severe( not able to get sexual life because of this) Could you please suggest me on this? Thanks In Advance!!!!

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Back pain radiating to legs is usually due to lumbar disc prolapse..if you are not able to walk for more than 15 min and it is affecting your life style it may require surgery..send me your MRI images to private consulting area.. The testicular pain is not related to lumbar disc problem Regards
Dr. Naveen Devarajaiah
Orthopedist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi,for testicular pain consult general surgeon. For disc problem ,if u are not keen on getting surgery done, then take absolute bed rest, physiotherapy and medications for 10-15 days. If pain persists then surgery may be required.