Knee swelling

My mother has swelling on her knee and pain . She has back pain too. Sitica too.. leg pain , heel pain

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

X-ray of both area knee and spine do spine stretching exercise and tk physiotherapy treatment for knee and back after this for knee do quadriceps exercise
Dr. Isha Mehta
Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello..with age our body undergoes various changes..there is wear and tear..degeneration..so body mechanics changes..with our daily activities...so I wld suggest to c physiotherapist for further evaluation of knee, back n heel..clinically and with other investigations..body weight also plays an important role..thus proper ergonomics for your daily routine which reduces strain and exercises guided by therapist will be of great help.
Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Chennai

Its important to get xrays of the knees when patients have knee pain associated with swelling. Please get an xray of the knee done and report back. In the meantime minimize straining the knee. If the knee is warm, put ice pack over the knees. You will have to visit an ortho surgeon to get a prescription for pain meds. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so.