Gap between the knee bone
I had pain and swelling in my knee from 2 months. Doctor gave medicine for high uric acid, it was high 7.5..after medicine for 15 days rechecked uric acid it was fine. But my pain n swelling was still there. MT test and CRP test came out normal but in X Ray I was diagnosed gap between the knee bones.. Is it totally recoverable with medicine n knee cap or not. Will I suffer with pain whole life.. What r the other methods to cure this other than medicine n knee cap.. What precautions I should take.. My doctor has also given med for Uric acid he said I have to to take it permanently my uric acid is 4 now.. Please help..

Dr. ANUJ D BHARUKA
Orthopedic Surgeon 7 yrs exp Delhi

Increase uric acid is called gout. It mainly affects the great toe along with other small joints. Also in few cases it effects the knees . If ur uric acid is high u have to take medications for some time not permanently. It not necessary that ur uric acid is always high in gout . So take ur medications . Also u have to avoid rajma, black dal, fried chiken to prvent increase in uric acid
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Yes it recoverable. No need medicine tk physiotherapy treatment and sm exercise  for reduce pain and swelling So don't worry it can cure easily..
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the knee against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Abhimanyu Singh
Joint Replacement Surgeon 9 yrs exp Delhi

Uric acid usually causes pain in the toes and heel. Knee swelling is very rare in case of high uric acid. The gap in the knee may be referred to osteoarthritis of the knee. I would request you to kindly post the x ray of the knee in order for me to help you.
Dr. Aditi Mehta (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai
Reduction in joint space (gap) is a common finding and it indicates degeneration and changes due to aging. It normally happens in all. There is nothing to worry about if there is mild to moderate reduction. Now in the initial phase you can use medication and knee cap as advised, can do active exercises for knee. And when the swelling and pain subsides wean off the knee cap, start with some general both exercise programme or regular walking to help prevent future episodes