Knee cap dislocation acl
I have dislocated my knee cap while dancing. This was before 4 months. The first two months I wore a knee immobilizer. The next two months I went through physiotherapy to regain my range of motion. I have shifted from wearing a knee immobilizer to ROM knee brace. I slowly progressed from 45° to 120°of bending my knee .I consulted a doctor and he claimed that i had an acl tear by analyzing the MRI scan. He told me to wear an Rom knee brace and walk with the help of a single cruch. It has been a month since then. I am not able to understand wether I need to undergo a surgery. My doctor even suggested me that, since my range of motion is 120° you may not need a surgery. What should I do now?. I really want to get back to sporting activity. How should I proceed.? Thanks for your answer!

Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
4 months is sufficient time for the structures around the knee cap to heal. Continue to do the exercises and specifically work on strengthening your hamstrings. Gradually get back to playing sports. You will need to start gently and increase the level of activity as you have been resting the joint for 4 months. Surgery for ACL is necessary only if it symptomatic or causing you problems. Some.may need surgery to get back to active sports some may need surgery because the knee is unstable. Work on strengthening your knee and the have it assessed it again.
Continue strengthening exercises and build up hamstrings.
Avoid vigorous sport return. Gradually increase activity over a period of time.
Hi As per my point of view If your knee rom is 120 degree & you can able to do all your routine activity without any pain or discomfort than not required sx
do regular exe which were  told you by your physiotherapist follow up with your dr every six month go at physio clinic and take treatment for 4 to 5 days for better cure and maintain your rom
Start knee strengthening exercises. Follow the link below https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.technoherpes.kneepain
Hi, Its great that your ROM is 120. You should visit physiotherapist for proper evaluation and sports specific training. Remember, if you dont get symptoms like, pain, instability of joint or discomfort no need to go for surgery. Surgery also depends on complete or partial tear of ACL. For heavy intense sport like Football, even partial tear has to undergo surgery, so ACL surgery depends on sport you play.
visit a good sports physiotherapist near you who can understand the sport you play.
This answer is based on question asked, physical appearance and examination may differ.