Itching and Rash
I have severe itching and rash between Thigh joints.I have used anti-fungal powder but it doesn't work.Also I don't have any fungal infection.I have used medical oil but none of it affects.I have also little itching around scrotum.What should I do?

Dr. Pradeep Kumari
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Pune

Severe itching and rash can happpen because of various  reasons  in thigh area commmon of them being fungal infections, friction  dermatitis and many others. It would make sense to get it treated by a dermatologist  as this may significantly  increase your discomfort  in working hours. Consult  a dermatologist  to help you  get rid of this. For more  information visit www.skinhairsurgery.com
Dr. Govind S Mittal

Hi. Greetings. This may be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.
Dr. Anchal Shah
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hello, Its difficult to tell diagnosis with this much details. There can be many reasons behind this problem. Treatment depends upon diagnosis only. So, Kindly provide additional details: 1. applied any cream? 2, diabetes? 3. any oral pills taken for long time? 4. excessive sweating? 5. photo of affected area? Kindly provide above details so that i can help you out better.
Dr. Venu Kumari
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi if you have an uncontrollable sensation to scratch your skin, then you have a condition called itchy skin. There can be many causes of itchiness like dry skin, skin rashes, internal illnesses like kidney or liver disease, deficiency of iron, thyroid disorder etc. Sometimes itchy skin can also be due to irritation or allergic reaction to certain chemicals, soaps, cosmetics, pollution or sun. So to find the exact cause of itchiness is important to start right line of treatment either in the form of oral medications or topical medications. A dermatologist can give you right guidance after running certain tests on you like blood test, thyroid test, skin test or through detail biopsy of your skin. Once the exact cause of itchiness has been pinpointed, you can be successfully treated. For quick relief, some creams can help you till the exact cause of your problem is diagnosed. Get in touch with the nearest gynaecologist who can recommend some creams. Meanwhile, you can reduce the itchiness at home with the help of good moisturiser, avoiding soaps, cosmetics and other chemicals. Bathe with natural products or with cool plain water for some days, avoid scratching the skin altogether.
Dr. Sonal Khade Ahuja
Dermatologist 7 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
sir u might be having a fungal infection kindly visit a dermat nearby for proper evaluation and diagnosis