Insomnia & Fatigue

I am unable to sleep continuously at night and my mind keeps on working unconsciously. I normally sleep off by 1am as I work late night and wake up by 9am. The slightest of sound or light wakes me up. Due to this reason, i feel tired and fatigued the entire day and cannot concentrate on my tasks for long. Should I consult a neurologist for assistance? Please suggest treatment options.

Dr. Sachchidanand Singh
Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Ranchi

A psychiatrist will better take care of u.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, non-refreshing or a shallow sleep can be a cause of significant subjective distress and can cause impairment in the functioning of an individual. For the above mentioned issue you can consult a psychiatrist who is likely to help you through psychological intervention and short term medication may be provided to you. However be aware that sleep problems can be a sign of underlying medical, psychological, or psychiatric problems, hence a comprehensive assessment is warranted for you. Do not treat the condition lightly.. Hope this helps you..