Insomnia - Cannot sleep

I work in a night shift and it is getting difficult for me to grab good amount of sleep in the day time. I try hard but do not get sound sleep. Please help I need immediate assistance! :(

Doctor Answers (3) on Insomnia - Cannot sleep

Dr. Priyanka Srivastava Noida | Clinical Psychologist
Hi ! Everyone working in night shifts are facing same type of problem. The change needs time, and as time passes your body will get use to it. And of course night is meant for sleep as the law of nature ,so working against it will need some time to adjust. No need for any type of Medication,as it might further hamper your efficiency in night too.
Hieee... it's the main problem most of the night shift workers are facing.......  
if u started doing night shift from few days only then don't worry it ll take some more days to shift ur natural day n night sleep cycle I.e give some time for adaptation........
If u started night shifts long back only means u need a assessment from psychiatrist and maybe require medication help....becas long term sleep problem ll damage ur physical and mental health.. thankq
Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Every one of us tend to have an internal clock guiding one's regular activities . You have been trying to switch your sleep cycle from night to the day time with partial effectiveness. You are able to sleep to an extent it isn't satisfactory enough. Most immediate & possibly effective measure would be to make your body crave for sleep rather than you guiding it. Do not sleep for a day and engage yourself in different activities in the day time. Eat properly. Go ahead with your regular work at night. This would create a craving for sleep helping you to get a sound sleep the very next morning. This could further enable you to switch your sleep cycle.
Do not drive or get into some challenging activity when you are fatigued