Indian Diet chart type-1

Hi Doc I am type-1 diabetic.Even though I am doing exercise and regular diet maintain but still my Hba1C Score is staying between 7.0-7.3. Also I am gaining weight (Gained 7-8kg in last 12 months.My height 5.7'' weight 79Kg) despite doing walk and playing TT regularly.Please suggest me some good indian diet charts which I can follow to improve my Hba1C score.

Doctor Answers (1) on Indian Diet chart type-1

Dr. Narendra BS Bangalore | General Physician
A healthy balanced diet of upto 1800 KCal with low carb and low fat and moderate protein intake would be good to improve your HBA1C levels. Have normal food with a bowl of rice once a day and roti/chapathi in the night and also follow 3 meal and 3 snack pattern, that is small frequent eating. A diet chart will be difficult to follow on a daily basis. Continue your exercise of at least 30 min everyday as this also improves your HBA1C and prevents weight gain. However you HBA1C of 7.0 - 7.3 is fairly good and patients on insulin are known to gain around 3-5 Kgs of weight. Thank you!