Increasing belly fat

I work in IT and I have to sit for around 8-9 hours a day. I swim for around 30 minutes in the morning. I eat at fixed intervals i.e breakfast around 9 A.M, lunch at 1:30, snacks 5:30 and dinner around 9:30. My weight has been increasing since past year. I eat roti and vegetables cooked in very little oil for lunch and for dinner I have been eating dal or curd with vegetable salad and no rice or roti. I have gained 7-8 kg in the past 2 years. Please recommend me a diet that I can follow to reduce weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Increasing belly fat

Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, you are doing one of the best exercises for weight loss. I would suggest you to get a thyroid panel done to rule out hormonal issues. Other than that also increase your workout duration. Do some cycling or brisk walk or aerobic exercise for 30 mins daily. Total duration about an hour. Also take 2 cups of green tea and 3 fruits daily. Also do some ab focused exercises. Hope this helps. For a personalized plan. You can ping me for an appointment.