I'm getting fat not heavy

Over the past year, I have gained two kilos but my clothes are extremely tight now. I have put on fat on my tummy and arms. I control my diet and also have recently stopped sugar. But I don't exercise.
I'm 5ft6in and weigh 64kg.

Doctor Answers (1) on I'm getting fat not heavy

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Fat deposition happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Ask yourself these questions about any diet plan you're considering:
Does it include various foods from the major food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein sources and nuts?
Does it include foods you like and that you would enjoy eating for a lifetime — not just for several weeks or months?
Can you easily find these foods in your local grocery store?
Will you be able to eat your favorite foods, or better yet, all foods?
Does it fit your lifestyle and budget?
Does it include proper amounts of nutrients and calories to help you lose weight safely and effectively?Is regular physical activity part of the plan?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, keep looking. There are better diet plans out there for you.
Consult dietitian fallow the diet chart can see the beneficial effects within a month..