Hypochondriac Thoughts

Hi Doctor, thank you for being there. For the past year, I have been having thoughts that make me feel that I have a terminal illness. They started with checking symptoms online, then feeling some in my body, visiting my doctor twice a week for simple problems. In the past 4 months, these thoughts have become irrational. A dog going a few feet away makes me check my legs for signs of bites, a mysterious scratch found must be from a dog or another animal, a deodorant sprayed across the room has gone in my eye, a cut from someone else means they have transferred me a fatal infection. These things are not even rational, they just come. What can I do about this doctor?
views-icons 77 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on Hypochondriac Thoughts

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Avoid doing any research ..it will increase the conflict. Revisit your obsession for health, Trust your body''s intelligence. You may take a counseling/hypnotherapy
trust the destiny....you will get ill, when u have to....do not unnecessarily burn in fear!
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Firstly, I would appreciate you for recognising your problem.
Secondly, I would like to tell you that you should get help from a psychotherapist.
Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com
Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello , I  appreciate your initiative to reach out and seek help for the issues your are facing with.
Has anything happened to you OR  to somebody at Home ??? Was that fatal?? IF your answer is yes to any of the above quest ease do consult a psychologist and live a comfortable and secured life.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, from the complaints that you have described here it can be gauged that you have an irrational fear of contracting an illness. You are well aware of these thoughts being "not rational" which put together point towards disorders like hypochondriasis. Further assessment may be required to rule of similar or commonly co-occuring disorders like somatoform, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder... Once a diagnosis is arrived at a comprehensive management plan can be worked out in discussion with you. Therefore my suggestion for you is to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you. A combination approach of medication and psychological intervention is likely to help you maximally... Do not delay or hesitate in seeking a consultation.. Hope this helps you..
Dr. Priyanka Yadav Ghaziabad | Addiction Psychiatrist
Dear User You are suffering from excessive health anxiety for which you need to consult a psychiatrist. With psychotherapy and medications it will improve but if ignored it can progress further and disturb your functioning at work and home.
Consult a psychiatrist