How to lose weight

Hi!! I was 52 three years back and now i am 62 how to reduce my weight What kind of food i can take?

Doctor Answers (2) on How to lose weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to reduce 15 KGS that too fat I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month . we need to plan healthy diet plan
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule if you want to lose weight. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same