High fever, cranky
My son Reyansh is suffering from High fever, cranky, reluctant to sponge... Doctor prescribed doloquik 250 4 ml 4 times a day. But fever is back in 3 hours, earlier we used to give Meftal -p which was very effective.... So my question is can we give meftal  in between dolo as its not helping in keeping down temperatur

Dr. Pranav Gupta
Pediatrician 13 yrs exp Delhi

Doloquik seems to be PARACETAMOL, the safest medicine for fever known to us. Meftal is MEFENAMIC ACID, another wonderful medicine for fever. While Meftal's mechanism of action is different making it more potent, it has rather more adverse effects. Both medicines are good and licensed for use in children. If used together, their action is supra-additive (meaning 1+1 is more than 2). If there are no contraindications for use, they can be used under supervision of your kid's paediatrician.