Hand washing

She washed her hands again and again after touching anything on ground. Also if some one touch anything she also washes that thing also.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hand washing

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
From your brief description I can understand that the young lady has significant negative emotional state regarding dirt and contamination. The description is suggestive of an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, however be cautioned that this is a very preliminary level of diagnosis. For an accurate diagnosis, you should visit a psychiatrist who will take a detailed history and conduct interview with the affected person to come up with a diagnosis. Such a behavior can also be present as a part of culturally sanctioned behaviour, personality of the person, other mental illness like depression, schizophrenia etc. If the diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is confirmed then she will have to be started on appropriate medication and psychological intervention. With regular treatment the behaviors will gradually get better. Hence my suggestion for you is to seek an early consultation and help her regain health at the earliest. Hope this helps you..