Gun irritation

Gum in wisdom tooth area is getting irritated. It does not pain but I feel like putting my tounge there all the time. I went to dentist, he said wisdom tooth wont come out due to bone. Why is the gum become soft there? Dont want to get the tooth extracted right now. He also said that on the opp. Side that is the lower right side of jaw the wisdom tooth wont come at all but no pain or irritation there..

Doctor Answers (4) on Gun irritation

Hi..it is a common problem. Because gum getting trapped between your upper and lower wisdom tooth during chewing the gum often gets swollen up. Best and permanent solution is extraction of wisdom tooth. However in the meantime to make area comfortable,you can apply pansoral gel four to five times on gum. Regards
Hi its a common problem associated with eruption of third molars. Due to food lodgement in the space between the gum tissue and tooth there is inflammation and so causing pain and swelling ..for proper diagnosis and comments u have to post x-ray of the tooth...i suggest as ur age is 20 u can wait for one or two til then have warm saline rinses best of luck take care feel free to ask any further queries
Infection around newly erupting third lower molar is called as pericoronitis there Is pain and swelling around gums an x Ray would reveal exact position of tooth with respect to adjacent teeth and gums and weather it would Require Surgical removal followed by sutures
When tooth erupts it pierces gum to come out. Sometimes due to food lodgement gum swells leading to irritation, discomfort or pain. These are common symptoms. You can use mouth wash.