Gum hurt while eating

I hurt my gum while eating. Now it pains and not getting relieved from pain just during the time pain killer is effective, got some relief. Any suggestion on some antibiotic which I can take to heal it.

Doctor Answers (2) on Gum hurt while eating

Hi, Sometimes food gets stuck in between the teeth and gums which causes constant pain due to gum inflammation. Hard or hot food items can cause gum injury or ulcers. Better would be to visit a dentist for oral check-up to find the cause of pain. In the meantime you can start with warm saline rinses and try analgesic gel for temporary relief. Antibiotics will b needed only if it happened some days back and there is gum swelling or infection. Otherwise antibiotics will not help to relieve pain. Analgesic gel application on injury area will help.
gumpain while eating may be due to food lodgement Between the teeth. we have to find out whether it is due to dental decay. pain killer and antibiotics doesn't work without treating the cause.please tell me the nature of pain.duration and when it is getting more