Gum bleeding

Though I consulted to a dentist abt my gum problem I am not able to cure it.I get bad odor though I brush my teeth twice a day by colgate total. Which paste is best that u recommend to & what measures should I take against it.
views-icons 34 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Gum bleeding

Tartar is the main cause of gum Infections which is associated with bleeding gums and bad odor. By removing this tartar by a procedure called Scaling ie cleaning every 6 months gum Infections can be avoided. But on a daily basis brushing twice with a soft brush and a good tooth paste and rinsing your mouth after taking anything will keep a check on formation of tartar.
By getting a scaling treatment that is removal of tartar and plaque bleeding of gums will stop .if after scaling of teeth also bleeding still persisting then show it to a periodontist who specializes in treating the gums hope this answers your query tip: after every meal please rinse with water such that it keeps the gums and teeth healthy