Grinding Teeth

I'm grinding teeth while asleep. My roommates complain about this. I know I'm stressed. How do I control it?

Doctor Answers (9) on Grinding Teeth

Hello..visit dentist to get night guard appliance for night grinding as it may cause irreversible loss of tooth structure in future.Identify stress causing factors and try to be relaxed with healthy life style.
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, It looks like you are suffering from Bruxism. It involves clenching and grinding of teeth. As you said you are stressed, so kindly try to remove stress causing factors from your life.
You should visit a nearby dentist as soon as possible. A Night Guard is advised. For further query you can always ask a private/direct question. Regards Dr Ankit Jain, Arham Dental Care
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
This habit is called as bruxism and it definitely needs immediate attention to prevent irreversible damage to the tooth structure and the jaw bones...... visit your dentist for a proper clinical examination..... removable appliance called nightguard can be fabricated for you which will not control the habit as such but will help you to prevent the damage that it causes to the teeth..... it will also train your muscles for a more relaxed force when your teeth are clenched..... Regards....
Hi..visit dentist to get soft night guard done. You need to get orthodontic treatment done as well to get rid of bruxism permanently. Regards
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Night grinding or Bruxism is very common in this generation since the psychological stresses and competitive environment is sometimes overwhelming.  Plz make sure u get 8 hours of good night sleep..  Make sure u drink plenty of greens,  fruits and vegetables.  Make sure u start ur day with 20 minutes of meditations and yoga pranayama.  And make sure that u do the same pranayama and meditation before u go to sleep..  Be a bit philosophical in life..  Accept life as it is. 
And do go to a dentist for proper evaluation of other factors which may cause Bruxism.  Have a holistic approach towards life..Wear a night guard.   Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.. 
Stress is one of the causes. Better to have night guard appliance. Try to do stress relief exercises
Dear bro. The most common reason for the night grinding habit is irregularly placed teeth with crowding.
Other causes include psychological stress,    Neurological imbalance.
Advised to visit dentist for exact root cause.

Braces for malplaced teeth.   Night guards are recommended otherwise.

Regards
Sunshine Dental Care.

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
What you are experiencing is nocturnal bruxism. Apart from stress, if you are on any recent medication could also be a side effect.Try to adapt to techniques which help you relax. Visit a Dentist to rule out any dental associated trigger factor. Stay away from caffeine and tobacco related products. Wearing a night guard or splint will help a long way.
You have to wear NightGuard  appliance to protect your teeth.