Gap between the teeth

There is a huge gap between my front teeth. They appear to protruding out. I would like to reduce it. What is the procedure for it?

Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, you need to visit a cosmetic dentist who will evaluate the reason for the spacing between your teeth and then give you options accordingly. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

A logical solution to your problem cannot be advised without having a look at the clinical picture and the xrays..... please consult your nearby dentist for the best treatment options available in your case...... most likely you will be requiring orthodontic treatment for realigning your teeth for the best aesthetic results.... Regards....
Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Orthodontic treatment would be required to treat the forwardly placed teeth. . This is the right age as well because later the bone is mature and hard enough to prevent movement of teeth and results will be good. .kindly consult the braces specialist at the earliest
Dr. Yash Shekatkar
Dentist 9 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello..with what you have described looks like you need to have a consultation with a MDS IN THE FEILD OF ORTHODONTICS who specialize in solving such issuses. I am myself a specialised one
Dr. Gaurav Malik
Dentist 16 yrs exp Amritsar
Hi , the solution to your problem is  orthodontic treatment but the diagnosis is of utmost important that why the abnormal gap is there? Is any history of thumb sucking or mouth breathing habit? Any abnormal frenal attachment ,you need to visit a nearby dentist and first thing to you need to do is get the xray opg view done.Coming back to treatment orthodontic treatment or aligners is the best option ,alternatively  you can also opt for minimally invasive composite veeners or componeers if u want immediate results and before i finish my opinion i again would like to underline the fact that you need to find the root cause of your abnormal gap and protusion.
Dr. Sony Mishra
Dentist 15 yrs exp Delhi
In addition to the options discussed, you could also consider treatment with aligners which are quite comfortable, easy to use and giving very predictable results. Alternatively, ceramic veneers or a combination of crowns and veneers can also sometimes give great results in such cases.
Dr. Rahul Prakash
Dentist 12 yrs exp Ranchi
Phases of treatment 1) gum treatment ( periodontal) 2) wired braces (orthodontic) 3) crowns if required (prosthetic)
Dr. N K S Aravind
Dentist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad
First gum problem should b ruled out. If your gap is increasing there is a good chance of underlying gum disease. Once that's ruled out next step will b closure of gap with orthodontic treatment
Fixed orthodontic correction or if the gap is small then direct or indirect veneers
Dr. Vidisha Parashar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Orthodontic treatment (braces) is an ideal treatment option for you. It is the most conservative treatment you can select.
Dr. Jyotsna Patel
Dentist 15 yrs exp Mumbai
Braces may be an ideal solution for ur case Other methods include veneers but can be suggested only after detail examination