Frequent Mood changes

Hello mam , i am from few months i am feeling like aggressive at mostly situations its like i want to kill someone and at the other second i am like nothing has happened.. its like i became emotionless ..it doesnt affect me if my mom is crying in front of me or someone dies .i am emotionless and ...its like i have emotions only for myself ..if i got a single scratch on my hand the whole day i thinks about it ..is this a disorder?

Doctor Answers (2) on Frequent Mood changes

Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, it seems from what you have written that you are facing extreme emotions like aggression etc. alternating with becoming numb or emotionless . Also, you are becoming self-centred and all this is happening for past few months. This definitely needs detailed evaluation by a Psychiatrist. You may be reacting to some stress and hence your emotions are feeling out of your control. Try to assess what has changed in past few months for you to react so much. Try to handle your extreme emotions by doing some simple breathing techniques and bring down your stress.
Please consult a Psychiatrist for a proper diagnosis and treatment. You may need medication. you will also benefit from Counseling as you can learn how to handle your emotions in a much better way.
Practice Yoga or do some form of exercise daily. Eat healthy and try and follow a good sleep schedule.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well I think there is something which is troubling you a lot ...which is why you are reactting to the situation like this....I suggest you to meet a counsellor and talk to them...they should be able to help you....thank you