diabetes-icon

Fall of sugar levels

Sir,my father is diabetic since 11 years He used to have very high levels of sugar Doctor thus suggested him to use insulin The problem is now a days his sugar levels are falling suddenly and his feet are also swollen Kindly tell us the possible reason behind these abnormalities

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

The treatment of Diabetes is not that simple. There are many classes of Diabetic Drugs. It depends on extent of Diabetes and complications to decide medicine for the Diabetic person. Dosages are also decided upon depending on your acute and chronic sugar levels, fasting sugar levels, post prandial sugar levels, urine sugar levels , urine MICROALBUMIN levels, urea and creatinine levels. So , a complete Diabetic profile needs to be done to reach for the best drugs and proper dosages. Here is the list of Tests, please get them done and follow up with me.I will do the best and give you a proper treatment. 1. HBA1C. 2. SUGAR - Fasting and PP. 3. Urine - Routine and MICROSCOPY. 4. Urine MICROALBUMIN. 5. Urea and Creatinine. 6. Lipid Profile. Follow up with the reports . I will set up a wonderful treatment plan to control your sugar levels. Additionally I will also make a customised Dietary plan for you to take care of your Sugar levels naturally.

Hello..... From how long he is been on insulin?? In hospital insulin in given in titrated dose considering blood glucose chart.. Variation of blood glucose level occurs in infection , dietary change ...swalloned feet suggestive of pitting edema, could be due to organ dysfunction. Consult general physician soon.
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
May be wrong dosage,wrong site, and in appropriate schedule of insulin injection 💉.swollen leg ,i need physical and certain investigations to come to conclusion.
visit diabetic clinic for for 2-3'days for best result