Elbow pain

I recently joined gym and I have been doing strength training exercises and lifting weights. My elbow is paining very badly, without any particular outside injury. Everything looks fine in the X-ray. Can you please tell me the cause of this and if any treatment is required?

Doctor Answers (3) on Elbow pain

hi, it appears you are developing tennis elbow, please stop weights, and meet local orthopedist, for simple treatments like elbow splint, physiotherapy (only if required) and some anti inflammatory medicines
Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
Since you have joined gym recently ,you are beginner .Muscular pains are common during these times, your muscle requires some time to develop endurance till that time go with smaller weights and less time Tennis Elbow condition is common in forearm weight lifters, take rest for few days if pain doesn't subside meet orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Hi, is it raining a lot that you are not able to lift any weights. How long have been into lifting weights. Usually, people do experience soreness initially when they lift weights. since you tell that Xray is normal , I would suggest that you take a break for few days, ice the region. before starting again,warm up is important and start with less weights. after your work out don't forget to cool down. if you still continue to have pain ,consult an Orthopaedic surgeon