Egg whites and gastic

Hello all, I'm a fitness freak from past 4 months I used to consume 5 egg whites per day. In order to increase the protein intake I have started to consume 10 eggs whites per day. And I have it as my post workout. Now I started to face gastic issues and slowly even back pain, I'm afraid as it would hit my workout. I was told that back pain is due to ur gastric and that's cause of too many egg whites. Is it true?

Doctor Answers (3) on Egg whites and gastic

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Yes taking so much of protein will overload your kidney which will have side effects. Have diet under experts supervision not to affect body.
Ms. Luana Mascarenhas Bangalore | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, you can workout and consume other protein sources in various combinations to achieve a good muscle build up. Need not stick to just egg whites. You need to get your blood tests done to check if you are overloading your body with protein. Stick to 1-2g/kg body weight. We at Qua Nutrition can help you structure your diet well. Let me know if you are interested in getting a customized 7 day Nutrition Chart for yourself based on your goals. We have clinics in Jayanagar, Sadashivnagar and Indiranagar.
Anitha Narayanamurthy Bangalore | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi It is true that taking too much protein ll make you acidic as protein metabolises to different components including uric acid..its important that you combine different sources of proteins rather than sticking to 1 type..you need 1 gm per kg body weight proteins and in excess is also bad.Make sure you have a well balanced diet