Dull and glow less skin

My skin is going on dull day by day. what should i eat so that i can get back my shiny skin. without increasing weight . currently my weight is 54 kg. and i don 't have any type of health issue beside menopause.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dull and glow less skin

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Dull skin can occur due to environmental factors like pollutants, dust. nutritional deficiency, unhealthy lifestyle, psychological factors like stress, anxiety etc. Aging also causes dullness as skin will be more& more susceptible to damage with increasing age. Hormonal imbalance sometimes associated with dull skin. Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption also dulls skin. Excess of caffeine dehydrates the skin cells, so try to restrict it.Patient usually complains of loss of natural glow of the skin due to this reasons.Things which improves the glow of skin like antioxidants,vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, B- complex vitamins like citrus fruits, apricots, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango,berries(blueberries, raspberries etc),almonds, pomegranate, peanuts,avocado,green leafy vegetables, fresh raw sprouts etc. Include whole grains in your diet. Honey and green tea can also be helpful. Sleep deprivation also causes loss of glow of skin, so try to have atleast 8hrs of sleep. Dehydration also causes dull skin so always try to stay hydrated by having 2-3 litres or 10-12 glasses of water daily. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation as it will be helpful in destressing and pranayama helps in good oxygenation of the body including the skin cells. Based on the history you given, since you are in menopause the estrogen level in your body will be less which usually helps in collagen forming in the skin which is responsible for its stability, so naturally decreased level results in wrinkles, poor healing,decreased skin elasticity etc. If you dont find the above advice helpful, kindly consult a dermatologist for further management.