DRY SOCKET

17th June, got admitted for dental surgery for removal of wisdom teeth. 24th June, stitches removed. Now I feel a gap visible over there, little deep. A part of teeth too visible over there. Dentist didn't mentioned anything but to visit after 15days. I afraid about my food routine. Since there's a gap. Does it results in any infection. What shall I do and don't do..???

Doctor Answers (6) on DRY SOCKET

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Yours is definitely not a case of a dry socket, because a dry socket cannot present without severe pain.... the gap that you feel in that area is a part of the normal healing process and is not a worrisome sign.....you just need to wait for some more time for that to heal completely..... also, what you are referring to as a portion of tooth being visible in that area could be a bony spicule.... an x -ray will provide the most definitely answer whether it is a tooth fragment our portion of healing bone.....
Regards....
Dr. Bikramjeet Singh Gurdaspur | Dental Surgeon
If you don't feel any pain or bad odour from your mouth then obviously it's not dry socket, dun worry because wisdom tooth extraction wounds often takes time to heal, the space u feel in there is jus the place of ur wisdom tooth that u got extracted, n this problem would be over in a matter of few days more when it becomes habitual to your tongue n oral cavity. So dun worry, keep calm, stay blessed
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
You don't seem to be having a dry socket.  The gap that u may be feeling is the normal healing lesion post extraction.  Don't worry be happy..  God bless..
Ami Sukhija Mumbai | Dentist
Hello it's definitely not a ' dry socket '... you have no pain which clearly suggests that... continue warm water gargles as suggested by other fellow doctors... also the part tooth-like structure that u have noticed would Jus be the jaw bone nothing else... socket will heal and it will be submerged inside don't worry about it
Need not worry if you don't have any pain. The gap will be gradually closed. Just clean your mouth properly with mouthwash so that there won't be any food lodgement in that area. If you have any pain or discomfort, do have a visit to dentist.
If u dont have any pain , then all u need to do is salt water  rinse for another 2 weeks 3 times a day afyer food.make sure the water is luke warm.the hole that u see will cover up in 2 weeks time.It is highly unlikely that part of the tooth is seen.consult your dentist and take his opinion.