Dry eyes irritation
I have dry irritated eyes with regular discharge & itching. It has been prolonged. Used Lotepred & Winolap eye drops, but no results.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to.
Dr. Arun Rajan
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Tirunelveli

Sounds like you have dry eye with allergic conjunctivitis but I cannot be sure until I examine you. Consult an Ophthalmologist to get a proper diagnosis and to decide course of treatment. Do not keep using lowered eye drops for a long time without consulting a doctor as it has serious side effects over time.

Hello.. It's better you consult your ophthalmologist back to find out the reason for your dry eyes...try to use glasses when you go out..so not use laporop,phone or watch TV continuously for a long time...drink water well.... continue to use eye drops for maintainibg hydration...avoid contact lens if you use...thank you