Dreams problem

I will get dreams everyday some times dreams are very scary at the time i woke up i feel very restless and tired and i feel that i have not slept yet, i have this problem right from my childhood and when my father expired i was at a age of 23 this dreams problem drastically increased most of the times my dad use to come in my dreams i use to cry in dreams later gradually it decreased but still i hav this problem every day dreams even during day time at lunch hours if sleep i will get dreams because of this i feel so restless kindly help me out please i never consulted a doctor regrding this problem.

Doctor Answers (2) on Dreams problem

I do understand easy it may sound but very disturbing to self.as discussed check if any physical issue is affecting like gastric symptoms or any other which are found to be associated with restlessness at night. Few things you need to enquire about self as person what stresses you or current stress or unresolved mental stress in past.these all can intrude our sleep.dreams can be signs many times that issue needs to be resolved. Or sometimes they just random and need not worry as even most healthy
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime. Avoid or limit naps. Naps can make it harder to fall asleep at night. If you can't get by without one, try to limit a nap to no more than 30 minutes and don't nap after 3 p.m. Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings. Don't put up with pain. If a painful condition bothers you, make sure the pain reliever you take is effective enough to control pain while you're sleeping. Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.