Dreams while sleeping

Hi I m sleeping for 8hrs but I am getting lot of dreams at night. What shall I do to get rid of this meaningless dreams. Thanks

Dr. Sonia Malhotra
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Pune

Dear sir, From the nature of your job, I do understand that it is a high pressure job and also affects your lifestyle adversely. Dreaming in sleep basically shows that your mind is overworked and stressed and you arent getting deep sleep. As a result of this, you may also not be feeling fresh and energetic in morning. My advice to you would be: 1. Pls engage in some relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, yoga etc. 2. Engage yourself in some exercise like running, jogging, some sports of your liking so that you are tired enough to fall asleep. 3. Read some books or listen to instrumental soft music. It will calm you down and put you to sleep.
Dr. Suleman Virani
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Nagpur
Hi, dreams as you must be knowing carry a meaning to your real life. If you are in stress or confusion, dreams come in a more severe manner. Sometimes to achieve a deadline, we over exert and continuously think about the work in hand- this might be a cause. Remedy for this is - talk to your near n dear ones about your problems if there are any. Secondly start doing meditation for half hour at least in a day. Take regular brisk walk or run for half hour. Focus on healthy diet and take a break from the schedule to relax yourself. May be a weekend with friends/ family will definitely help you.