Diabetes by diet

Is diabetes can be cure with food change at this stage.. fasting 213 MG. This I got to know only when I went for medical examination for my insurance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Diabetes by diet

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Yes diabetes can be controlled it is not irreversible condition but can be control. Your fasting is too high.do u have large gap in your meals.surelh
Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, Did you check your HbA1c levels. HbA1c levels are reflective of blood glucose levels over the past six to eight weeks and do not reflect daily ups and downs of blood glucose. Is it only once to got tested or did you check for the next time as well? Anyways, Diabetes can only be controlled. However, there are very less evidence that type 2 diabetes (diabetes at this age) can be cured by yoga, exercise and diet. I will give you few tips on dietary pattern that you can follow. If you have any further query you can get in contact with me. Have small and frequent meals rather than larger meals. Avoid processed and outside food. Have more of fruits and vegetables except for some seasonal friuts like mango, sapota,banana,grapes and seetaphal, you can have any 1 fruit a day other than these.If it is a big fruit, have 100gms per day. vegetables to be avoided are potatoes and arwi. Have small meals every 2 to 3 hourly. Have something before exercising or walking. Please note exercise is mandatory atleast brisk walking for 15-20 minutes. I hope this information is helpful for you