Diabetes & high bp
My mother is patient of diabetes & high bp. In past she has two paralysis attacks. Now, she feels very week. She is not very comfortable in walking. She is on medication right now. But I wanted to get consultation from a good Doctor. So that she wan walk comfortably & feel strong. What speciality doctor will be good for her? Whom do you suggest? Thanks in advance!

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

The treatment of Diabetes is not that simple. There are many classes of Diabetic Drugs. It depends on extent of Diabetes and complications to decide medicine for the Diabetic person. Dosages are also decided upon depending on your acute and chronic sugar levels, fasting sugar levels, post prandial sugar levels, urine sugar levels , urine MICROALBUMIN levels, urea and creatinine levels. So , a complete Diabetic profile needs to be done to reach for the best drugs and proper dosages. Here is the list of Tests, please get them done and follow up with me.I will do the best and give you a proper treatment. 1. HBA1C. 2. SUGAR - Fasting and PP. 3. Urine - Routine and MICROSCOPY. 4. Urine MICROALBUMIN. 5. Urea and Creatinine. 6. Lipid Profile. Follow up with the reports . I will set up a wonderful treatment plan to control your sugar levels. Additionally I will also make a customised Dietary plan for you to take care of your Sugar levels naturally.
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
First we should analyse why she is feeling week. Is is diabetic drugs or bp medicines higher dose causing it. Any anaemia is there? Any vitamin d defeciency.? Answers will come only when we see the patient and prescription.
Dr. Asha Annamalai
Family Physician 2 yrs exp Chennai
First a general physician.He will see the associated problems and refer to the appropriate super specialist.
Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mohali
hi since your mother has multiple problems together so one doctor cannot help you , you must go to a multispeciality hospital , and ask for a review with cardiologist , neurologist , endocrinologist and a physiotherapist .
start exercises at home , get a good diet chart made for your mother .
excercise , proper diet, proper medication on time , will help your mother live for long.