Depressed,negative thnker
I feel that my friend has lately become very negative about herself. She is not happy with her personal life, professional life and even her own body. She remarks about everything and all is negative. I would like to know if she is depressed or what can be done to revive her back.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello concerned friend. I appreciate your concern and the ways you try to resolve her depression. As for the symptoms which you have mwn8it seems an amount of depression in her. That doesn't mean she is in deep trouble. Do consult a psychologist or a family counsellor in your city and help her to rescue it.
Dr. D. S. Poonia
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Jaipur

Hi, from your symptoms it seems like she is suffering from depression. Do you think that these changes in her behaviour are from some months or days. Do you think that she is different from her usual self? If yes then there is strong possibility that she is suffering from depression or some other psychiatric problem. In depression such things happens like mood remains low, interest in day to day activities decreases, irritability, anger outburst, pessimistic thought about future, suicidal ideas, appetite and sleep disturbed. If all such happens continuously for a minimum of 2 week then please visit a psychiatrist. You need treatment for that and by doing so you definitely get help. Depression is a treatable condition it will improve on medication. So do not wast your time and plan to visit a psychiatrist. Best of luck.