Dental query

I have done with my root canal. But i need to fill the cap for that teeth. Would it be possible to consult another doctor to continue with my treatment? Will clove oil helps to kill the germs in teeth?

Doctor Answers (4) on Dental query

Ur dentist has done root canal treatment,so the treatment part is over, now the cap part, cap is given to protect ur treated tooth from chipping off and fracturing, so u can go to the same dentist or another
Hi, just remember, clove oil doesn't kill any germs of ur teeth. In decayed tooth, filling of that tooth have to be done. Nothing( neither any drug nor anything else) can stop the decay in a tooth. Whole decayed part has to be removed and has to be filled with a filling material. In decayed painful teeth, oil of clove may provide you some relief, but again it doesn't stop or slow down the infection. So its definitely not the solution
Never use clove oil for dental pain as it may lead to heat fomentation and cause huge swelling overnight if dental pulp is exposed. Yes, for a crown u may always consult another dentist
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, Yes you can always go for better treatment if you aren't satisfied with your current doctor. And yea clove oil will help a bit but also use mouth wash twice a day. Thank you