Dental problem
I had my root canal treatment, My tooth is grinded for placing the crown. I could see black color on my grinded tooth at the side where cavity was there before. But if the crown is placed on the black colored root canaled tooth, Are there chances of my cavity occurring on the same root canaled tooth in future

Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there ...it could be a stain or arrested caries ... But nevertheless...u can consult your dentist about the query... And get the necessary treatment done soon before the crown placement... Take care..!!
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. Normally it should be removed before doing permanent filling except in case of arrested caries.
Dr. Gaurav Dinesh Jain
Dentist 19 yrs exp Delhi
Good afternoon. If the tooth-decay has been thoroughly cleared, and a suitable filling material has been placed, then the color of the tooth becomes a negligible issue - It could be due to a harmless stain, or could even be the dark color of a few filling materials available. The next logical step is to get it crowned. Discuss your point of concern with your dentist, and just go ahead with the crowning of the tooth to give it an armour like protection. Hope this helped ..
If the decay is not removed completely(if it is arrested caries not an issue) definitely the tooth gets decayed again and may cause trouble..