Dandruff and hair fall
I m having this problem every year from last 3 years. Gone to doctors both homeopathy and dermatologist . doctor told me it is subhoreic dermatitis. And now its again come and my hair fall so much . what is the treatment of it xcept of eating antibiotics or tablet. My face is also having so many pimples filled with puss . my whole nose is reddish cover with pimples. Plz any 1 guide me with the solution . m very much depressed :(

Dr. Deepti Saxena
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Ghaziabad

I would like to tell you that seasonal variations are also aggravating factors for such problems..there are ways to keep your disease under control only by using certain topical treatment..Ask your dermatologist for that..
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Dandruff is a common situation more common among teenagers. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Dr. Aman Sharma
Besides all routine medicines, your diet,stress and hormonal issues play a big role on sebhoreic Dermatitis, Have a low glycemic index diet, and is best to discuss In Detail over physical consult or phone. It needs holistic management. S.d and hair loss is just a symptom in my opinion. Your food is a big culprit, sometimes milk and dairy may play a role.