Concentration problem

My son is not able to concentrate on his studies due to this he feels lot of stress. He makes daily study schedule but not able to follow it and as the stresses increases he is avoiding books whenever we put little pressure for study he doesn't appreciate it and starts irritating behaviour. Whenever he start studying we see him tearing pages after pages he write something than tear it off and this has increased our tension. He is intelligent sometime we feels he is very intelligent but sometime he behave like an average student and also he has maths problem. He wants to study hard and want high score but not able to do anything. Also eating habits are very bad ...please help us.

Doctor Answers (2) on Concentration problem

Hello, I can see that your child is having troubles concentrating on his academics. Perhaps the upcoming exams seem to be an important pedestal, thus creating stress in itself. You could try consulting a Counselling Psychologist who will be able to help him work on his concentration levels as well as plan achievable goals. The psychologist could also guide you regarding how you could help and support him through this phase.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...tell him to put it out of your mind. Too many mental notes make for a cluttered mind. All of that unfinished business can sap hisbmental energy. Put whatever's on his mind on paper or capture it digitally. Think of it as off-site storage...Consult nearest psychiatrist for counseling they will do the needful.